Protect your teeth and restore your smile with our professional dental crowns near Scranton!
Abington Center for Cosmetic & Family Dentistry is proud to stand out among family dentists in our area due to the experience and expertise of Dr. Charles Dennis. Dr. Dennis is an expert in the latest technology for placing natural-looking, same-day CEREC crowns. Getting crowns for your teeth has never been easier!
The Abington Center for Cosmetic & Family Dentistry office is in Clarks Summit, only a short drive from Scranton. Contact us today to schedule an appointment for your dental crowns!
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are a restorative procedure in which a “cap” goes over an injured or decayed tooth to protect it from further damage and to restore your smile. Crowns also go over dental implants to provide better function. A crown fits over a natural tooth to strengthen it, protect it from further decay, or hide discoloration and stains.
Dental crowns are made with different materials, such as metal, porcelain, resin, or ceramic. At Abington Center for Cosmetic & Family Dentistry, we use same-day CEREC crowns, which are made exclusively from ceramic. Read more below about CEREC crowns.
Why Are Dental Crowns Necessary?
You could require a dental crown for many reasons. Dr. Dennis may recommend a crown if you have little or no tooth left for a filling after a root canal or to help support other recent dental work.
Because of their ability to extend the life of existing teeth for many years, crowns are often an excellent choice for restorative dental care. They make your teeth look and function better and create an all-around healthier environment in your mouth.
How Are CEREC Crowns Different from Traditional Crowns?
If you’re looking for same-day CEREC crowns near Scranton, make Abington Center for Cosmetic & Family Dentistry your first call. Dr. Dennis is an expert in CEREC technology and would be happy to place a CEREC crown for you and send you home the same day.
CEREC, which stands for Chair-side Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramic, uses state-of-the-art dental technology to create a permanent crown in just one appointment. CEREC crowns are the most convenient, natural-looking, and long-lasting type of crown. But how do they compare to traditional crowns?
- Traditional crowns often require two dental appointments. At the first appointment, we prepare the tooth and fit it for a crown, usually by numbing the area and grinding the tooth down to a size that can hold the cap. We then send the information to a lab to construct a permanent crown. You wear a temporary crown for several weeks until your permanent crown is ready and then return to us to receive the new one.
- With CEREC crowns, you no longer have to wait for a crown or wear a temporary one. Dr. Dennis uses digital 3D imaging to create a ceramic crown that closely matches the shape, size, and color of the rest of your teeth. He creates the crown and places it in about an hour — you won’t need messy impressions or multiple dental visits.
Why Choose Abington Center for Your Crowns?
Are you looking for the best dentist to get dental crowns near Scranton, PA? You might wonder what’s unique about Abington Center for Cosmetic & Family Dentistry, located in Clarks Summit.
Several factors set us apart:
- Knowledge: Dr. Charles Dennis is an experienced endodontist and a dentist who specializes in problems affecting tooth pulp and tissue. He can address any pain or other issues with your teeth.
- Cutting-Edge Technology: At Abington Center for Cosmetic & Family Dentistry, we aim to be a cut above the rest. Dr. Dennis’s expertise in CEREC crown technology means you get higher-quality dental care.
- Personal Attention: No patient is just a number with us. Dr. Dennis strives to provide excellent restorative dental care to everyone who walks through our doors.
Dental Crowns FAQ
How long do dental crowns last?
Dental crowns can last around 15 years if you care for them properly. Certain habits such as eating ice, grinding your teeth (bruxism), biting your nails, and using your teeth as a tool put you at risk of damaging or cracking a crown or even having it fall off entirely. Call our office immediately if you notice pain or increased sensitivity around your crown or see that it fell out.
Should I follow any aftercare getting my crown?
Even with CEREC crowns, you should exercise caution in the days following your crown placement. Brush as you normally would, but avoid flossing around the crown, as it can still dislodge at this time. Avoid eating hard or sticky foods. You can eventually return to your regular diet as long as you don’t put too much pressure on the crown.
How do I take care of my crown?
Luckily, dental crowns operate just like regular teeth. While there are no special practices, good oral hygiene is essential. Brush your teeth twice daily for at least two minutes, and remember to floss. It is safe to floss around your cap.
What do I do if my dental crown falls off?
If your crown falls off, call Abington Center as soon as possible. If you can’t make it to our office right away, wash the crown gently and put it in a sealed bag. If you can’t make it to our office right away, start by washing the crown gently and putting it in a sealed bag. You’ll need to bring it with you for your appointment.
The exposed tooth beneath the crown is now open to infection of the pulp or nerves. Local pharmacies sell dental cement and wax, which can keep your tooth safe temporarily. Make sure to avoid any hard foods since the prepped tooth is not as strong as the crown. You may notice increased tooth sensitivity. If this happens, avoid hot, cold, or spicy foods, which can further agitate your tooth.
Does dental insurance cover crowns?
Dental insurance typically covers crowns if they are necessary for your dental health. We accept most major dental insurance.
Revive Your Smile with Same-Day Crowns near Scranton
Abington Center for Cosmetic & Family Dentistry is here to help when you want an expert to place your dental crowns.
We are located in Clarks Summit, just a short drive from Scranton. Call 570 587-4031 today to make an appointment for your crowns. You’ll be on your way to a healthier, more beautiful smile in no time!