If you’re interested in getting dental implants for reconstructive or cosmetic reasons, Abington Center for Cosmetic & Family Dentistry is a highly trained team that can work with you through every step of the process. Call our office or use our contact form today to set up an appointment.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Protect your jawbone from deterioration
- Teeth put pressure on your jaw, stimulating new bone growth and helping maintain a healthy mouth.
- Maintain the natural shape of your face
- Teeth affect the length and overall shape of your jaw and face
- They can be brushed and flossed along with natural teeth
- Feel, function, and look just like your natural teeth
- Restore your ability to eat and chew
- Help fix any speech issues resulting from missing teeth
- Dental implants are a cost-effective investment in your smile and overall dental health as a permanent solution to missing teeth.
- Save yourself time and money by taking preventative action for maintaining your oral health.
Am I a good candidate?
If you’ve lost a tooth or teeth, dental implants serve as reliable prosthetics that look and function just like natural teeth. Unlike removable dentures and bridges, this solution is permanent. As long as you have a healthy mouth (your gums and remaining teeth), you’re likely a candidate for implants. We will discuss your dental history and habits with you to determine if they are the best option for you.
Dental implant procedures begin with screwing a titanium post into your jawbone under local anesthesia. After three to six months, these screws fuse naturally with the bone. This creates a strong foundation for the crown or artificial tooth attached to the top of the post. The crown will sit in your gumline just as a natural tooth would.
At Abington Center for Cosmetic & Family Dentistry, we use the latest technology, including 3D digital X-rays, to increase the procedure’s efficiency and reduce recovery time.
Along with traditional implants, we’re also happy to offer All-on-4® dental implants. If you need a complete set of teeth replaced, All-on-4® utilize just four titanium screws to anchor a complete set of upper or lower teeth.
How long do dental implants last?
If taken care of properly with good oral health, your dental implants could last you a lifetime, unlike other dental procedures that may need replacement after 5-10 years.
How much do dental implants cost?
The first step is to see if your dental insurance will cover all or a part of your procedure. Multiple factors are involved in determining cost. For example, the price can vary if you need a tooth extraction, various implants, a bone graft, or any post-operative care. We will discuss this with you at your consultation. Abington Center is proud to offer affordable dental implants to help restore your smile.